At first I thought that many photographs that I have taken would capture a fleeting moment, but after some consideration and browsing through my photos, I found this is not the case; something was missing or a lack of something in my photos. Capturing a fleeting moment is much harder than I ever expected.
I have read about and attempted Street Photography during the past several months, but haven’t captured much that I am happy with. Somewhere I remember reading an article, I wish I could remember where and who, were a street photographer said that the majority of your street images will be trash, and that the best thing to do is just get into the habit of having your camera with you all the time, to increase your chances of catching one of these rare, fleeting moments.
I captured the shot below as I was walking toward my train station to go to work, I had a relatively easy Saturday with a sizable break and thought it would be a good idea to bring my camera with me. As I was walking to the station on my way to work, where there is a small drainage canal for runoff water during storms, I saw these two train company employees taking a break along the edge. I found it rare to see workers, such as them, relaxing in this style. The weather that day was warm and wonderful, no doubt they were trying to enjoy the moment as best as they could, same as I was going to do with my camera during my break.
These past couple of weeks I have been carrying my camera with me a great deal more, these past five days I have had my camera with me all day and take time before work, during my breaks, or after work to walk around and snap some shots. It’s been a great feeling of getting something accomplished, however my photography workflow on my pc has been suffering and I need to get caught up on it. This also marks, I am fairly certain, the first time that I altered and posted a photo to be in black and white, I am not certain how well it turned out; any thoughts or suggestions for improvement?
Enjoy contributions of others:
- Weekly Photo Challenge: FLEETING MOMENT (bopaula.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Fleeting Moment (mikehardisty.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Fleeting Moment (Week 2) (mytropicalhome.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Fleeting Moment (passion2read.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Fleeting Moment (lavieeclectique.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge – Fleeting Moment (thewanderlustgene.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Fleeting Moment… (eof737.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Fleeting Moment (arindammohapatra.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Fleeting Moment (tincantraveler.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Fleeting Moment (dontholaatme.com)